Do you already have special plans in February to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Before you decide to just go to your same favorite restaurant for dinner, consider some of these date ideas that will create lasting memories!
1. Visit a Museum – I’m sure some of you are thinking that your spouse is NOT into strolling through an art museum. BUT, a little Googling of your state and you’ll be surprised with what you can find. Toy museums, car museums, music museums – the options are endless! Some of them are quite bizarre, but I’m certain the craziest ones would lead to the best lasting memories. You know, remember that time we went to the banana museum? Mashable shared 26 of the of the crazier options from around the country.
2. Take a Brewery Tour – Is your husband a beer guy? The surge in micro-breweries means there might be one near you! Around here, they only have tours a few days a month, so start planning this one now!
3. Learn Something New Together – You can take a class in just about anything these days! It doesn’t have to be a long term commitment either. Spend a night painting at Pinot’s Palette or learning to cook a new meal. You could even attend a cooking class this year and then try to recreate the meal at home next year.
4. Get Active – It’s a fun time of year for ice skating and sledding in much of the country. In other areas, it’s warm enough to try something like kayaking. If the temps aren’t right outdoors, find an indoor rock climbing gym!
5. Make Movie Night Memorable – If you really don’t want to leave the house, you can create a special movie night. Plan some special touches around the theme of your movie to create memories.
- Watch Argo* & a eat a mezze platter with hummus, tabbouleh, etc. (DIY it or pick one up at a Mediterranean restaurant)
- Watch Remember the Titans, Friday Night Lights, or When the Game Stands Tall* & eat football food (nachos, wings, hot dogs, etc)
- Watch your favorite mobster movie & eat Italian
Don’t forget the popcorn*!
*Post contains affiliate links